Is your enrollment marketing strategy earning A’s or F’s?
December 19, 2016
At BroadBased Communications, higher education clients often come to us asking for ways to boost the number of prospective students they’re reaching via social media. All too often, they report they’re active across a range of digital channels with no solid strategy in place and only limited success.
Before we advise them on ways to go forward, we help them to look back. Some of the questions we ask:
- What channels were most successful for you in the past?
- Which demographic groups were you targeting – Students? Parents? Geography?
- What was the timing of your campaign?
- What was the goal of your campaign?
- How are you measuring success?
Armed with this information, we can begin working with higher ed clients to develop a plan of action.
Both an Art and a Science, and Back to Basics
Developing a digital recruitment strategy is essential for successful campaigns. Implementation of any digital channel can be complex and variable, so the strategy must take into account the fact that no one channel acts in isolation. It’s a symphony, not a solo.
In collaboration with our clients, we ensure that we’re clear on the basics:
- Which enrollment funnel we’re targeting
- Which channels we’re exploring
- Which technology will be used for execution
- Who exactly is our audience
- What messages we deliver in the form of content, images and call to action
Once any of the components of the plan are activated, it’s imperative to measure results, watch the analytics carefully and tweak in response to the results we’re seeing. As in a science lab, what we find under the microscope makes all the difference.
For more information on our higher education digital marketing strategies, check out the links below for resources and case studies we’ve put together. If you’d like to schedule a consultation to discuss your enrollment marketing campaigns, get in touch with our EVP Chris Ramaglia.