Facebook advertisers have grown 50% from 2015-2016* and at BroadBased we’ve seen firsthand how successful our clients’ campaigns can be at driving leads and building awareness. Facebook ad campaigns cost considerably less than traditional Google search campaigns and in some cases have surpassed traffic and leads generated by other digital tactics. Having actively managed hundreds of campaigns, we’ve found the following four factors are key to success for a variety of B2C and B2B companies. Chances are, if you can master these and refine them on an ongoing basis, you’ll have a powerful and predictable source of qualified leads that are ready to close.
1) Targeting: The amount of data at your disposal on Facebook provides a tremendous opportunity for targeting. Geography, income levels, interests, age & race, and a variety of other demographics allow you to hone in on your perfect prospects and maximize your conversion and lead rate.
2) Creative: As more and more advertisers flock to Facebook, making your presence felt is more important than ever. From your headline copy to images to calls to action, take the time to make sure your ads are creative enough to rise above the noise and get results.
3) ROI: No performance metric is more valuable than your ROI, that is, what did you get based on what you put in? Here’s some of the most effective ways to track ROI:
- Drive traffic to standalone landing pages and microsites that focus on conversion and minimize traffic leak.
- Assign trackable phone numbers and make sure all web forms are configured with unique ‘Thank You’ pages to track submissions.
- Implement a CRM system to collect leads and track revenue on all sales closed from your campaigns.
4) Testing: Facebook’s advertising platforms makes it easy to run A/B campaigns and test a variety of elements. In some cases, changing small design or copy elements can make a big difference in engagement and conversion. Make sure you have a process in place to run experiments regularly to refine your ads and get the most out of your budget
Whether you’re new to Facebook advertising, or your existing campaigns could use a fresh set of eyes, get in touch with our EVP Chris Ramaglia to have a conversation about your goals and see if our strategies are a fit.